Istana unveils new Repossi collection
Dubai, May 2, 2013
Istana, a leading multi-brand jewellery retailer, has introduced Repossi’s new tribal-inspired Berbère collection presenting 18k yellow and white gold multi-piercing earrings, upper arm cuffs and upper phalanx rings lavishly studded with diamonds.
The Berbère collection was launched with rings covering the full finger with multiple golden rows. Defined by linear geometric designs, it pays grand tribute to the ancient art of the Berbers in Morocco and recalls touareg tattoos, a statement from Istana said.
The collection has been expanded to large arm cuffs which can encircle the arm enticingly; with upper phalanx rings designed just for the top of its wearer’s finger and which present a novel way to wear a ring and multi-piercing earrings which decorate the ear.
The multi-piercing earrings don’t require any holes to be pierced as they are designed to offer a snug fit on the contour of the wearer’s ear lobe, the statement said.
It was in 1974 that Alberto Repossi took the helm of the house founded by his grandfather in 1925. His daughter Gaia the creative director continues to pay tribute to her family’s heritage with every new collection, it said. Repossi’s collections are the outcome of knowledge and craft passed down through three generations and is a legacy rich in both tradition and bold design. Much of the work is still done in the same workshops used in the 1920s.
Since 2010, Repossi has created exclusive commissions of fine jewelry each executed by talented craftsmen using precious gems selected for their rarity and beauty. Gaia Repossi won Best Jewellery Designer of the Year at The Elle UK Style Fashion Awards 2013. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices