Samsung launches all-new Galaxy Note
Amman, April 16, 2013
Samsung Electronics Company has announced the launch of the world’s first 8-inch tablet, the Galaxy Note 8.0; a new era of intelligent Note technology set to re-ignite the mid-size tablet category that the company established in 2010.
With a compact one-hand-grip screen, the Galaxy Note 8.0 has the power and advanced technology to evolve the tablet experience and ensure the customer achieves new levels of efficient multi-tasking while benefitting from superb voice call functionality, a statement from the company said.
The intelligent S Pen brings together the latest innovation and the ease of using a traditional pen and paper; creating a sophisticated mobile experience that will enhance life on-the-go.
“Back in 2010 the launch of the first Samsung Galaxy Tab with 7 inch screen opened a new chapter in the mobile industry. Now almost three years later, Samsung continues to evolve the sector that meets the demands of modern life,” said JK Shin, president of the IT & mobile communications division at Samsung Electronics.
“The Galaxy Note 8.0 breathes fresh life into the category as it delivers the perfect fusion of portability and everyday productivity - the result is a pioneering, pocket-sized solution that enhances and enriches our everyday lives, whether at work or play.”
At the core of the Galaxy Note 8.0’s innovative solutions are beneficial functions, including multi-window options to split the portable 8-inch screen and allow optimal access to a number of live applications; a new generation of Samsung’s intelligent S Pen with advanced usability; access to a suite of S Note templates and tools that allows users to create, edit, manage and share everyday documents; the Samsung reading mode technology to enjoy e-books with optimised resolution, video and voice calls.
In addition, a suite of new content and services are pre-loaded for users at no additional cost including, for the very first time, the innovative Flipboard, and Awesome Note.
Designed to store and manage personal and professional data efficiently, the new era device gives users the perfect pocket-sized hands-on organisational tool, the statement said. Practical S Note templates and S Planner feature help to manage everyday tasks, including meeting notes, to-do lists and personal diary entries.
All content can be entered and updated with the finest of detail due to the evolution of the intelligent Samsung S Pen. Enhanced precision is offered with handwriting-to-text conversion and advanced productivity tools that support formula and shape recognition are now available at the touch of the S Pen.
Upgraded chat-on provides easy instant messaging and group chatting in multiple formats – images, video, voice, and contacts.
Awesome Note, an integrated application, is capable of unlimited note-taking uses including memo, diary and must-remember lists. With Flipboard, news, social network and other feeds come together in one stylish, flippable format, it said.
Flipboard developed a customised version of its application exclusively for Samsung that allows users to take the S Pen’s hover feature and preview article headers beneath Flipboard's main screen tiles. Smart remote, gives a universal remote control and electronic programming guide allowing the user to manage TV and video watching seamlessly.
Optimised to aid personalised creativity, the Samsung S Pen has evolved to increase everyday usability and enhance creation expression. Embedded within the tablet, the S Pen is an extension of the Galaxy Note 8.0, the statement said.
Removing the S Pen from the device will automatically launch innovative features such as pen detection that will suggest adapted menus that it thinks the user will need and page buddy, a feature that will intuitively activate the most recently adapted S Note home screen.
S Pen technology is now advanced and does not have to touch the screen. With air view, the S Pen needs only to hover over the screen to see previews of videos, emails, photos and appointments on SPlanner without opening the file or application in full.
S Pen gesture allows images and content to be easily edited and cropped, whilst paper artist and photo note allow photos to be artistically personalised.
In addition, for the very first time in Galaxy Note, the customer uses S Pen to control the physical menu/back buttons on the device with Wacom technology.
Creative multi-tasking with the Note is effortless due to innovative dual view feature, two multi window options that seamlessly facilitates multi-screen usage. The split screen accommodates optimal operation of different apps, such as launching the S Note on the web browser screen and allowing content to be resized, dragged and dropped as required. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet