Sony launches Xperia SP in Mideast
Dubai, April 16, 2013
Sony Mobile Communications has announced the Middle East launch of its new Xperia SP that offers 4G LTE performance, the latest camera features and a 4.6-inch HD reality display.
The smartphone’s Mobile Bravia Engine 2 analyses content type and adjusts the image automatically to deliver an even better viewing experience, making it one of the most intelligent smartphone screens.
The engine makes the adjustment by adding new real-time contrast optimisation to the sharpness enhancement, high-quality colour management and noise reduction.
The Xperia SP features NFC connectivity for one-touch function, 8MP fast-capture camera and Battery Stamina Mode for extended battery life.
Spyridon Gousetis, director of Marketing, Sony Mobile Communications, Middle East and Africa, said: “Building on the sleek design and innovation that Sony Mobile is recognized for, the new Xperia SP also features a number of enhancements that amplify user experiences. Equipped with the Bravia Engine 2 technology and 4G LTE capabilities, the new smartphone delivers the best of Sony’s expertise to a wider consumer profile.”
The device sports a precision-crafted and co-moulded aluminium frame for a seamless, sleek, solid and stunning look, he added.
The device also features a colour-changing ‘transparent element’ with customisable illuminations that users can personalise to receive alerts of incoming calls and text messages. One can even set the illuminations to flash to the beats of their favourite music.
The smartphone also benefits from Sony’s signature media apps for enjoying photos, music, movies and games on the go and offers a consistent entertainment experience. The Walkman and Album apps provide online and offline content through a single access point with new ways to enjoy and share that content.
The Walkman application also directs to downloaded music and Facebook social integration. The Album application allows quick browsing of photos of Facebook friends or images by location. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder