Emirati designs to shine at UAE event
Dubai, April 15, 2013
UAE’s local fashion scene and the talent and creativity of its national designers will be on full view from April 18 to 27 at Mazyounna, a 10-day celebration of Emirati fashion.
Mazyouna – a new initiative by BurJuman - is a unique fashion platform for designers to unveil their latest collections of abayas, sheilas, jelabiyas, couture gowns and ready-to-wear collections to customers and attendees at one chic and elegant event.
Showcasing the works of nine top Emirati designers, the event will present a mix of glamorous runway shows and a fashion exhibition, with three fashion shows per day over the first three days providing a stylish glimpse into trends for the summer.
Reputed design talents will present their creativity through individual interpretations of styles, a statement from BurJuman said.
Hessa Al Obaidli will set an apt mood for three evenings of fashion shows with her innovative abayas under her label Hesseh Abaya Haute Couture.
A ramp launch of a new Lady Gaga-inspired collection of couture gowns and dresses will be up by Fatmah Bin Fahad’s Al Mayyasa label. Rounding up the opening day’s fashion buzz on the runway will be Rafia Helal Bin Drai with her Mauzan brand of designer abayas and jelabiyas.
Moza Al Suwaidi’s M-Collection of abayas will be revealed on April 19, which will be followed by the abayas and gowns from Aysha Al Dhaheri’s label Oushi Fashion, and later by the ready-to-wear creations of Madeyya by Madeyya Al Mazroui.
The third day of the fashion show, will begin with emerging sisters Khawla and Roadha Bin Khedia introducing their Dolls Collection, comprising locally interpreted Western wear.
Later, models will walk the ramp in the abayas and jelabiyas from Sarah Al Madani’s Rouge Couture brand. The finale will be brought in at 8:30pm by Mariam Al Mazro, who will be launching a new collection of her brand Mimi Fashion Design.
Hair and make up for the models is supported by Curve Beauty Salon, BurJuman. The professional team will ensure that all models will present a creative and stylish look on all the show days.
Select pieces from each designer will remain on display at BurJuman until April 27 as part of a special Emirati fashion exhibit.
“BurJuman has always played a key role in supporting the growth of design talent in the region,” said Sabina Khandwani, head of PR and marketing at BurJuman. “As a premium luxury and fashion mall, we have sponsored and supported prestigious events such as Dubai Fashion, Creations, The Sheila & Abaya Fashion show and Runway Art.”
“Mazyouna is a new initiative aimed specifically at bringing Emirati style to the forefront. Our focus is to highlight emerging and professional local Emirati designers from across the UAE who are involved in creating Emirati fashion and introducing new trends in the industry,” she concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain