Canon signs $1.9m deals at Dubai print show
, April 9, 2013
Canon Middle East has announced that it signed seven deals worth Dh7 million ($1.9 million) on the first day of the biennial Gulf Print & Pack, a leading show for the printing, graphics and packaging industry, at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
The deals represent sales of its industry-leading range of imagePress and imageRunner digital and colour printers.
Some of the major deals include the sale of the imagePress C6010 to AST, a leading digital print service provider in the UAE and the imagePress C1+ to El Ajou, Canon’s distributor for Saudi Arabia.
Three major deals secured by Image Systems, Canon’s partner in Lebanon included the sale of a range of products including imageRunner Advance 8285, imagePress 1110, Oce VP 110, imageRunner Advance 8105 and imageRunner Advance C9280 to commercial establishments such as Audi Bank, Grand Lycee Franco-Libanais and Doculand.
Deals for various units of the imagePress range were also signed by clients and distributors including Inpap from UAE, DigiPro from Egypt and El Ajou.
Hendrik Verbrugghe, marketing director, Canon Middle East said the deals underscore the continuing robustness of the digital press industry throughout the region.
“Canon’s largest presence at the premier event for the print industry in the Middle East and North Africa highlights its leading position in the region. We anticipate an increasing demand this year for our products and solutions as business conditions continue to improve. The market has remained attractive as businesses still rely heavily on digital print communications to reach out to their target audience,” he added.
The print industry is still going strong and is set to grow even stronger, according to a ground-breaking study commissioned by Canon Middle East, which found that 97 per cent of organisations in the Middle East and Africa still consider professionally-printed materials to be important to their business.
Gulf Print & Pack 2013 takes place from April to 11 at the Dubai World Trade Centre and features a 1000 sq m Canon stand. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store