Reebok, yoga expert launch new collection
Dubai, April 8, 2013
Leading athletic brand Reebok has partnered with yoga expert Tara Stiles to launch a new apparel collection, bringing flair to women’s yoga for Spring Summer 2013.
Inspired by her rebellious approach to yoga, Reebok decided to work with Tara to ensure that the yoga collection combines expertise and insight with the brand’s rich fitness heritage. Super stylish yet implicitly functional, the collection is designed to complement and adapt to women’s bodies during yoga practice, a statement from the company said.
“I’m really excited about how women are going to react to the designs and stylish silhouettes,” said Stiles. “They are fun and fashionable but also practical, super soft and comfortable. The collection adapts perfectly from the studio and gym to the street, which is definitely what I’m all about.”
Stiles worked closely with the design team, bringing her expert eye to the process and ensuring that functionality was seamlessly combined with the overall aesthetic. The final collection is effortlessly cool - designed to make women feel empowered while they workout, the statement said.
Using bold statement graphics and contemporary urban designs, the Reebok Yoga collection includes; the Reebok hoodie, a cozy cropped pullover; the yoga French terry pant, a minimalist pant designed with a French terry fabric construction for a skinny look; and the bold, chic Yoga pocket tank, created with a flattering longer fit and ‘Who Made the Rules’ graphic print.
“For me, Reebok has always been the women’s fitness brand. It has such a strong, progressive and empowering attitude towards women being active and staying healthy - it just feels like a natural fit for us both,” she added.
Reebok is committed to women’s fitness and the Reebok Yoga collection reinforces this dedication by focusing on the many physical and social benefits of yoga, the statement said. To further underline this commitment to women’s fitness, and yoga in particular, Stiles’ role with Reebok Yoga will evolve in the future to extend beyond the product design process.
Barbara Ebersberger, vice president, Studio Fitness, said: “Our goal with Reebok yoga is to encourage women’s enthusiasm for health and exercise by getting involved with yoga - whether they are seasoned yoga practitioners or have never tried it before. We are passionate and wholeheartedly dedicated to women’s fitness which is why yoga is such a key part of our business.”
“Stiles’ rebellious take on such a traditional discipline is what makes her a perfect partner with our brand. It’s this attitude and approach that the apparel collection draws inspiration from. She is passionate about what she does best and we know she will bring something very special to Reebok Yoga.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal