Jacky’s expects surge in Gitex sales
Dubai, April 2, 2013
UAE-based multi-brand consumer electronics retailer Jacky’s Electronics has announced that it expects a surge in sales, from the usual off-peak period during the month of April, brought in by the first Gitex Shopper Spring Edition.
Created under the directive of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the spring edition is an adapted version of the long-running Gitex Shopper held every October. The exhibition is set to take place from April 3 to 6 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
“The second edition of Gitex Shopper is a good business opportunity for retailers like us and a show such as this always represents a month’s worth of sales for Jacky’s. The Spring show will surely spike up our annual projected sales,” said Ashish Panjabi, COO of Jacky’s Electronics. “This is not only due to the offers we'll be carrying out but also because we will attract a slightly different audience to the October edition of Gitex Shopper as we expect to see more families and tourists from the region visiting Dubai due to the school holidays.
“We’ve been associated with Gitex Shopper brand for over a decade now, having seen it emerge from under the shadow of Gitex Technology Week to become an independent event. The spring edition of Gitex Shopper mirrors the growth that many of us in the industry have been witnessing and experiencing,” Panjabi added.
“The spring edition is also a logical next step and very timely with the lifecycles of most IT products becoming shorter, customers wanting the best deals are becoming more apparent. April is also when most of the product launches from major brands are happening along with most manufacturers providing clearance deals on end-of-life products.”
During the exhibition, Jacky’s Electronics will offer customers an improved shopping experience by introducing three-easy-step-shopping. These three steps are dubbed ‘Select, Pay & Collect.’
In the first step, customers can ‘Select’ the product they want from a dedicated category and product stand where they can get a hands-on experience with most products. The stands have been optimised to ensure that displays are maximised and customers will find sales people who are only focused on selling.
In the ‘Pay’ step, customers can proceed to any of the 26 dedicated cashier sections across the halls allowing for easier payments. During the ‘Collect’ stage, customers can proceed to dedicated delivery points for TV, digital cameras, mobile phones, tablets and notebooks where all purchases and bundled products can be handed over. This will ensure customers are free to walk around the hall and pick up their goods only when they decide to exit the venue.
The company will also have product bundle offers across all categories. Customers with Emirates NBD spending Dh1,999 ($544.14) will get a Beats solo headset for Dh299. 0 per cent EPP offer for 12 months with Emirates NBD, Citibank, Mashreq, NBAD and Barclaycard; with 6 months tenure offer on Dubai First, HSBC and 3 months with ADCB & First Gulf Bank.
For Mashreq cardholders who purchase any tablet worth Dh1,999 and above will get Dh100 voucher free to spend on accessories, while any smartphone for Dh999 and above will get a power bank free worth Dh99.
Meanwhile, all customers who have purchased from Jacky’s stands at Gitex Shopper or from any of Jacky’s outlets can submit their transaction details on Jacky’s Facebook fanpage and will have the chance to win prizes which include Apple iPhone 5 for the first prize; Apple iPad Mini for the second prize; and two Dh250 gift vouchers for the third prize. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain