Omega releases 3D short film
Bern, April 2, 2013
Swiss luxury watch manufacturer Omega has released a 3D animated short film of dreamlike images that creatively allude to the brand’s revolutionary co-axial mechanical watch movement and the elements that make up the world of Omega.
The 70-second film manages – emotionally, aesthetically and compellingly – to communicate subtly the extraordinary quality of Omega’s co-axial caliber and will anchor a global advertising campaign, a statement from the company said.
The exclusive co-axial escapement was the first practical new watch escapement to be invented in some 250 years and its advantages – reduced sliding friction, greater mechanical efficiency, more stable precision and improved shock resistance – have caused the entire watch industry to take notice.
While there is an enormous amount of technology behind the development of the co-axial movements, Omega decided that the perfection of the calibres was more easily conveyed in images than in words and chose to use state-of-the-industry 3D animation to communicate the virtues of the movements that are, as the voiceover explains, “so perfect you’d hardly think they were made by humans”.
Phantasmagorical sequences unveil the perfection of nature interacting with gearwheels and other components hidden inside mechanical watch movements. These natural and man-made elements appear to be regulated – in perfectly harmonious interaction – by the clockwork gears.
The images make subtle reference to themes familiar to fans of Omega as viewers are led on a whirlwind journey through the brand - rolling oceans, high-profile sporting events, an astronaut on the moon and action films are suggested in constantly evolving, dreamlike sequences.
The evocative theme song, “Smiling”, was composed by Harry Gregson-Williams and recorded by the composer and the Seattle Session Orchestra. It was originally part of the soundtrack of the film Man on Fire. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Switzerland |
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait