Plug Ins opens its 1st Apple store in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, March 28, 2013
Plug Ins, part of the Al-Futtaim Group and a leading multi-brand electronics and IT retailer in the UAE, has opened its first Abu Dhabi Apple shop-in-shop (SIS) concept zone at Marina Mall.
The Apple SIS concept emulates a typical mini Apple store environment featuring the large wooden counters for product displays, back-lit, wall-mounted Apple logos and the full gamut of Apple products, from the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod models to iMac, Macpro, Macair and the full Apple range of accessories.
“Apple products collectively make up close to 15 per cent of our total business and our investment in the concept zone is designed to provide our Apple-minded customers with a dedicated pre and after sales area that enhances the overall experience with the brand of their choice,” said Sean Connor, general manager, Plug Ins.
“We also hope to further leverage the brand’s strong appeal amongst UAE consumers by integrating our SIS programme with additional related value-added benefits for our customers as we aim to grow Apple product sales by 30 to 40 per cent across the nation,” he added.
“Our Marina Mall SIS concept is the closest Abu Dhabi-based Apple fans can get to in terms of a brick and mortars Apple retail experience and we are very pleased to be the first retailer to offer this privilege to them.”
Plug Ins has also invested in special training of the sales associates who support the Apple SIS zones at Dubai Festival City and Marina Mall in order to equip them with the knowledge and expertise required to help them provide Apple product seekers with expert advice for their individual needs.
The Apple-trained associates form part of a Plug Ins programme designed to provide its customers with knowledgeable sales advisors across the various brands and product categories in line with the consumer electronics retailer’s strategy to differentiate from its competitors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices