New Sony Xperia launched in Saudi
Riyadh, March 24, 2013
Axiom Telecom, a leading distributor and retailer of mobile devices and telecom services, has launched the new Sony Xperia Z smartphone in Saudi Arabia.
The new flagship smartphone from the Japanese electronic pioneer is retailing for SR2,499 ($639), a statement said.
“So far there has been a great deal of enthusiasm for the Sony Xperia Z,” said Faisal Al-Bannai, CEO, Axiom Telecom.
“Saudi consumers demand the latest, most technologically advanced smartphones, and this is certainly proving to be a compelling option in a competitive market packed with innovation.”
The Xperia Z comes with a 5-inch Full HD 1080p Reality Display powered by the Mobile Bravia Engine 2 and inspired by Sony’s considerable TV credentials, a Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, a 13-megapixel fast-capture camera and 4G LTE capabilities.
The smartphone shares capabilities with Sony digital cameras and features Exmor RS for mobile, which is the world’s first image sensor with HDR (high dynamic range) video for smartphones. HDR technology gives clear images against strong backlight, so users can capture razor sharp pictures and videos whatever the conditions.
Precision engineered with premium materials, Xperia Z introduces the OmniBalance design with subtly rounded edges and smooth reflective surfaces on all sides.
Despite its slim 7.9mm body, Xperia Z is highly durable with tempered glass and anti-shatter film on the front and back, as well as the high levels of dust and water resistance.
The smartphone is pre-loaded with the “Walkman”, Album and Movies apps, enabling a single access point with new ways to enjoy and share that content. One-touch functions enable consumers to easily share music, photos and videos from their smartphone to an array of NFC-enabled Sony devices, including speakers, headphones and now TVs. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint