Al Meera eyes capital boost through rights issue
Doha, March 23, 2013
Qatar-based consumer goods company Al Meera, the franchise for French retailer Casino's Geant hypermarkets in Qatar and Oman, aims to double its capital base from QR100 million to QR200 million ($27.4 million to 54.8 million) through issue of 10 million shares.
The rights shares were issued at the price of QR95 per share (QR10 nominal value plus QR85 premium), said a statement from the company.
The Qatari retailer aims to raise QR950 million ($260.7 million) from the offering of 10 million new shares at QR95.
Al Meera had last year announced plans to run 38 outlets - including hypermarkets, supermarkets and convenience stores - in Qatar and Oman as part of its agressive expansion strategy besides operating 100,000 sq m of retail space by 2017.
Unveiling the details, Al Meera said the total number of subscribed shares rose to 14.1 million, while the number of rights issue subscribed soared to 6.46 million.
The excess shares available for allocation have been allocated to subscribers on a pro rata basis in proportion to the number of shares they have subscribed for, said the company in a statement.
A total of 3.52 million shares have been allocated to shareholders and the fractions amounted to 680 shares.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store