IEC sees big demand for leisure expo
Dubai, March 9, 2013
International Expo Consults (IEC), a division of UAE’s multi-faceted business conglomerate - Falak Holding, has announced that the entire space for its upcoming DEAL 2013 (Dubai Entertainment Amusement and Leisure) show has been completely sold-out.
IEC plans to meet the excess demand from exhibitors from around the globe by increasing the floor space further, said a top official.
The show aims to be the platform to propel Middle East towards the $31.8 billion theme parks industry. IEC is expecting over 250 firms from across 30 countries to take part in Deal 2013.
The largest show for the themeparks and amusement industry in the Middle East, Deal expects to attract over 7,000 trade visitors from across these markets.
“We are delighted to mention that the show is sold out already. Last year contracts worth Dh800 million were signed at Deal indicating renewed confidence in the region’s leisure sector," said an elated Abdul Rahman Falaknaz, the chairman of IEC.
Now in its 19th edition, it is the only platform in the Middle East for exhibitors in these industries to connect with buyers, for buyers to see and test the latest products and services, and for professionals to share best practice and make new contacts, he stated.
"We are aiming to propel the region’s theme parks industry through this show and thereby enabling the exhibitors and the consumers capture the potential this billion dollar industry," he noted.
According to a research by US based Global Industry Analysts (GIA) World market for ‘Theme Parks’ is projected to reach $31.8 billion by 2017.
Growth will be primarily driven by increased consumer per capita spending on entertainment and leisure platforms, and growing base of middle class households, increasing disposable incomes, urbanization in developing countries and increasing popularity of mass entertainment.
Deal is the Middle East’s annual focal point for all stakeholders in the amusement and related industries looking for a successful entry or greater growth in the region’s markets. The event is scheduled to take place from April 23-25, at The Arena at Dubai World Trade Centre.
Falaknaz said the visitors can attend dedicated seminars, see technology at its innovative best, network with industry peers, and develop profitable business relationships.
"For an exhibitor, this is the best opportunity of the year to showcase their quality equipments and services to thousands of potential buyers at a single venue," he added.
IEC chief executive officer Sharif Rahman said, "Deal is the region’s most important meeting point since 1995 for manufacturers, suppliers, buyers, entrepreneurs, businessmen, technologists and professionals in the amusement industry. This year again, there will be many innovative solutions that will be showcased at the show."
"We are expecting several exhibitors to bring in new products and technology to the show. Last year’s show generated a record number of exhibitors and visitors and most of them pledged to return in 2013 as well," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices