Toshiba unveils next-gen ultra HD TV
Jeddah, March 4, 2013
Toshiba has unveiled its second generation of ultra HD TVs featuring four times the resolution of the regular 1080p full HD TVs.
Powered by Toshiba’s proprietary CEVO 4K Quad+Dual Core Processor, L9300 Series TVs deliver the highest quality UltraHD image processing, including Resolution Restoration to restore clean near UltraHD image quality from less than 4K content, Color Gamut Enhancement to create color intensity that matches the resolution impact and Surface Brilliance Enhancement, a statement said.
“Ultra HD represents the new pinnacle of home theater image quality and Toshiba is already leading the way in this new and important TV category,” said Nishioka, chief specialist, R&D Division, Toshiba.
“Clearly, the best image processing will create the best picture quality and Toshiba has the advantage of introducing its second generation UltraHD processing in 2013 with the advanced CEVO 4K Quad+Dual Core Processor. Toshiba’s L9300 Series models with Ultra HD, CEVO 4K, 3D and new Cloud TV functionality create the perfect centerpiece for anyone interested in creating the ultimate home theater.”
Neeraj, head of Sales & Marketing at Toshiba Dubai said: “Toshiba has given the new generation of Ultra HB TVs a stylish new look that is certain to appeal to discerning customers in Saudi Arabia and the other GCC states.
“With a new design that is modern, yet simple and elegant, the L9300 Series features a sophisticated gun-metallic trim and matching frame stand. L9300 Series UltraHD TVs will be available in 58-, 65- and super large 84-inch class screen sizes.”
Toshiba LCD TVs are exclusively distributed in Saudi Arabia by Abdul Latif Jameel Company (ALJ) and a 55-inch 4K TV model is already available at ALJ showrooms, the statement said.
The super size 84-inch model is not currently commercially available but is expected to be in the market in about six months time, it added.
In addition to UltraHD image processing, the L9300 Series includes a suite of technologies that enhance picture quality, including ClearScan 240Hz refresh rate technology, CQ Engine technology for superior picture quality controls and Color and Depth Adaptive Resolution+ to help create images with enhanced image resolution.
Offering a smarter connected experience, the L9300 Series includes advanced Cloud TV functionality. Cloud TV takes the connected experience to another level by offering easy, personalized content discovery and acquisition, including news content; better mobile device interactivity; practical social interaction services, server-based upgradability and much more. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet