Alosra to launch fifth outlet in Bahrain
Manama, February 26, 2013
Alosra Supermarket, a subsidiary of BMMI, is working on a plan to launch its fifth outlet at the soon-to-open Al Raya Shopping Centre, Juffair.
Operated by One Bahrain Hospitality, the new four-storey neighbourhood community centre will be connected to the Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel and is scheduled for completion by the end of this year, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
"As one of the capital's most preferred locations with many modern residential neighbourhoods, hotels and restaurants, Juffair will now boast another jewel in its crown - the Al Raya Shopping Centre," said One Bahrain Hospitality general manager Teodor Ardeleanu.
"Strategically placed to deliver on our mission of everything closer to you, Al Raya promises to be a stylish boutique mall with Alosra as its anchor store.
"Neighbouring commercial and residential buildings will benefit greatly from the retail chain's fresh, high-quality and speciality products and friendly service."
Alosra general manager Jaffar Al Asfoor said, "As our supermarket and brand expand, we need to ensure that quality and consistency are at the core of our operations in order to succeed.
"Having successfully received certification in the ISO 22000 food safety standard, we are pulling our weight to ensure this promise is fulfilled along with additional customer satisfaction initiatives in the pipeline."
The first Alosra Supermarket operated as the anchor store of the Najibi Centre community mall located in the upmarket Saar-Budaiya family neighbourhood.
Since then, Alosra has branched out with outlets on the Islands of Amwaj, Durrat Al Bahrain, Riffa Palms and now Juffair.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait