Lenovo launches Windows 8 ultrabook
Dubai, February 25, 2013
Lenovo, a leading computer manufacturer, has launched its new business class ultrabook ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch, optimised for Windows 8.
The X1 Carbon and X1 Carbon Touch are developed from superior grade carbon fiber and deliver legendary durability and the highest levels of performance, a statement said.
The new X1 Carbon Touch paves the way for mobile professionals who demand the best in mobility and entertainment and want to experience the simplicity of touch gesture control, it added.
“Bringing touch gesture control to our best ThinkPad ever is a natural evolution of the portfolio and a big step towards fulfilling our promise to bring computers into a new PC+ era,” said Oliver Ebel, executive director and general manager for Lenovo in the Middle East and Africa.
“We are excited to be able to offer customers the best experience in a thin and light business class Ultrabook. The X1 Carbon Touch is the Ultrabook to beat.”
Weighing in at 3.4 pounds and 20.8mm thin, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch is constructed with carbon fiber material for additional extra strength and durability.
It features a smooth 10 finger touch on the 14-inch HD+ display to enrich the Windows 8 experience using the large multi-gesture glass touchpad.
Even with its thin and light design, the X1 Carbon Touch packs a punch. Revel in the power of Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and enjoy multimedia content with Dolby Home Theater v4. Certified as the first Ultrabook optimized for Microsoft Lync, the HD face tracking camera and dual array microphones ensure high quality video and voice track capability without the need to use USB peripherals.
A new optional slim 65W AC adapter, weighing 53 per cent less (235g) than the standard AC adapter, is now offered with the new X1 Carbon Touch.
The X1 Carbon Touch includes modules such as vPro, Integrated Fingerprint Reader, Trusted Platform Module and BIOS encryption.
Models start at approximately $1,499. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet