Géant hypermarket set to open in Doha
Doha, February 21, 2013
The first Géant hypermarket will open in Qatar at Hyatt plaza in Doha on February 24, according to an announcement from Al Meera Consumer Goods Company.
The opening of Géant hypermarket follows an agreement signed between Al Meera and French retailer Casino to develop a network of hypermarkets and supermarkets under the Géant banner in selected Middle East countries.
Casino, Al Meera (through Al Meera Holding Company W.L.L.) and Retail Arabia had earlier signed a sub-franchise agreement allowing Al Meera Holding (its affiliate and/or group companies) to develop and operate hypermarkets and supermarkets under the Géant banners in Qatar and Oman.
The Géant Hypermarket at Hyatt Plaza promises to offer highly competitive prices to the Qatari market along with a surprise that will be revealed on the day of the opening, said a statement.
Special emphasis has been given to widen the products range to provide more choice particularly to increase the interest and the attraction of the expat population (meat, cheese, dairy product, fish, bakery and vegetable) and also to provide more choices for local people, it said.
Géant has more than 10 stores in operation in the GCC, covering the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- HP launches new printing solutions for SMBs
- LG unveils new smart TV line-up in Bahrain
- Huawei unveils new smartphone range
- Dubai keeps rank as 2nd biggest retail market
- Samsung unveils 2013 Smart TVs Lineup
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Givori launches customised iPhone