Canon launches IP camera range
Dubai, February 20, 2013
Canon Middle East, a leader in imaging solutions, has diversified into the security camera business in the region with the launch of a full range of internet protocol (IP) cameras at the recently held Intersec 2013.
Hendrik Verbrugghe, marketing director, Canon Middle East, said: “The future of IP security lies with intelligent cameras and HD quality images. We see a huge demand for security products in the region and by being so strong in the imaging business, foraying into the surveillance camera market was only a natural progression for the company.”
“Canon’s technology will help raise the bar of the network camera sector, while offering customers the highest quality security solutions.”
“Intersec is a key date in the region's security calendar. Canon's participation at the show provided a great opportunity to show the market what makes Canon’s security surveillance portfolio stand out from the competition. The latest range of security cameras represents a significant milestone for Canon and a compelling proposition for our partners and their customers,” added Verbrugghe.
Intersec 2013 also provided the company with the opportunity to meet with existing and prospective partners, distributors, system integrators and resellers to communicate its updated business strategy and vision for the new product segment, a statement from the company said.
The full HD IP cameras - VB-H610D, VB-H41, VB-H71 IP, VB-H610 VE - were showcased with a live demonstration at Intersec giving visitors a first look and feel to the products.
In addition to the four models, solutions from software partners from Genetec and Milestone were also showcased. The range supports the communication protocol ‘Onvif’ and is compatible with a range of 3rd party Onvif-compliant equipment, the statement said.
The VB-H41 IP camera features a 20x optical zoom lens with 12x digital zoom delivering a staggering total of 240x zoom. Pan, tilt and zoom remotely to enjoy Full-HD video viewing that’s the best in its class, it said. The VB-4610D IP camera comes packed with an ultra-wide, 112° angle lens with 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom enabling the user to see everything. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet