Asus launches AMD-based motherboard
Dubai, February 20, 2013
Asus has announced the launch of TUF Series SaberTooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0, the world’s first AMD-based motherboard to feature PCI Express 3.0 for use with next-generation high-performance graphics cards.
Up to three DirectX 11 graphics cards with 28nmGPU technology can be used via Nvidia SLI or AMD CrossFireX to create desktop PCs with formidable graphics performance, a statement from Asus said.
SaberTooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 also features renowned Asus TUF Series thermal design for superior heat removal. Like all TUF Series motherboards, it undergoes military and server-grade testing to ensure absolute stability, reliability, and longevity. SaberTooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 is backed by a five-year warranty.
SaberTooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 meets strict TUF Series quality assurance standards, which consist of multiple-stage military and server-grade tests. TUF-certified alloy chokes, together with solidstate capacitors and Mosfets, ensure complete reliability even when the motherboard is subjected to intense use for prolonged periods, the statement said.
Four DIMM slots support up to 32GB DDR3 memory at frequencies up to 2400MHz, aided by an eight-layered PCB that promotes faster memory performance while ensuring stability and compatibility with improved cross-component signal quality.
TUF Series motherboards are designed to provide absolute stability and reliability under harsh operating conditions, and feature sophisticated thermal management to handle extreme heat. Both the Northbridge and Southbridge use dual-heat pipe heat sinks with CeraM!X micro-ridged coating that increases the effective heat dissipation surface area by around 50 per cent.
SaberTooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 also features TUF thermal radar, which uses multiple heat sensors across the motherboard for real-time temperature monitoring, it said. Independent and automatic fan speed control then allows components to be cooled individually for maximum efficiency and operating stability.
The Asus SaberTooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 motherboard is available in the US and EU beginning today. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store