BMMI Group posts $22.5m net profit
Manama, February 19, 2013
Bahrain-based BMMI, the diversified retail and distribution contract services and supply group with global operations spanning three continents, said its net profit for 2012 soared to BD8.6 million ($22.5 million) from BD6.7 million a year ago.
BMMI put up a solid financial and operational performance for the year ended 31 December 2012 reflecting in an overall increase to assets from BD63.4 million in 2011 to BD65.7 million last year.
The group registered a solid growth in its sales revenues which surged to BD92.3 million in 2012 from BD87.3 million the previous year.
2012 has been a very important year for BMMI; the Group has enjoyed significant growth with the highest sales volumes ever achieved. This, together with significant investment in infrastructure and systems, has laid the foundation required to take BMMI to the next level of growth, said a company statement.
On the other hand, BMMI’s Food distribution business has performed extremely well with double-digit growth in its Consumer Division and with Beverages sales well up on previous years. This has come about through improved distribution and stock management practices, it added.
Significant resources have been dedicated to the implementation of new systems and procedures across the company’s network to include an Integrated Management Systems certification which now provides BMMI with the underlying qualifications to further expand its Contracting business with governments, NGOs and other international operations.
Commenting on the year’s performance, BMMI Group chairman Abdulla Buhindi, said: “As we look forward to 130 years of operations, I am pleased to say that BMMI once again achieved strong financial results with year-on-year improvements across all our businesses. We continued to operate from a position of strength in 2012 with zero leverage, strong balance sheets and cash reserves.”
BMMI president and CEO Gordon Boyle stressed the importance of its corporate culture in the continued success.
"I am delighted that BMMI has clearly demonstrated strength and diversity of operations allowing it to reduce volatility, absorb set-backs and to capitalize on new opportunities in ways that many companies simply could not," he noted.
"Through its people and its inherent culture, the Group has produced a solid financial result over the course of the year and, additionally, has continued to progress the betterment of its management and operational systems," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait