Al Bayader unveils new ME product line
Dubai, February 18, 2013
Leading UAE-based food packaging specialist, Al Bayader International, has launched a new line of products especially conceived for the Middle East, directly catering to the needs of the region’s $20 billion F&B industry.
The new production line for the manufacture of the tOWERPAC range of containers was inaugurated by Ibrahim Al Janahi, chief commercial officer, Economic Zones World. Also present were other dignitaries and media personalities, a statement from the company said.
“We welcome manufacturers like Al Bayader International who not only invest with the long-term in view but also cater to local market needs. We at Jafza are passionate about locally based companies differentiating themselves and in association the region, by developing market leading products that cater to not only local needs but the demands of the wider global economy as well,” Al Janahi said. “We are all aware of the importance of the manufacturing sector to the UAE economy in the long run and we greatly appreciate the efforts of companies such as Al Bayader International.”
Designed to interlock via an ingenious screw mechanism, tOWERPAC is also available in a retail shelf friendly flat bottom version. The containers range in size from 1oz to 24oz and are the perfect food packaging solution for a growing F&B industry.
Nidal Haddad, group CEO, Al Bayader International, said: “We have a responsibility towards our customers to help their business grow and thrive in a challenging market. If we have to reinvent products and processes to make it happen for them, then that’s what we’ll do.”
The range required a Dh15 million ($4.08 million) investment into a state-of-the-art production line at Al Bayader International’s manufacturing facility in Jebel Ali Free Zone. The investment is part of a Dh80 million outlay aimed at addressing the market’s fast-paced growth.
“This investment will help accommodate the estimated demand for this new product family,” Haddad said. “Our overall and continuing investment addresses the economic growth forecast for the region, which according to recent market research from Business Monitor International, is set to top Dh27.5 billion – for the mass grocery retail sector - by 2015 or 73.8 per cent of the overall food and drink market which itself is expected to grow by 5.3 per cent, while the food packaging industry is expected to grow by double digits.
“The conceptualisation, design and production of the tOWERPAC range necessitated the collaboration of leading experts and companies from all over the world and the integration of market and customer feedback. From leading technical consultants and business analysts to established manufacturing and mold-making companies, we strongly believe that the tOWERPAC range will result in huge savings on inventory costs, more efficient utilisation of shelf space and easy access to products for retailers.”
With UAE’s retail sales expected to touch Dh151 billion by 2015, the UAE’s mass grocery retail (MGR) sector is one of the Gulf region’s largest by value, accounting for 69.2 per cent of the total food and drink market. Food sales in the UAE are expected to increase by 36.1 per cent to Dh38.3 billion by 2015.
“In the last 10 years, we have significantly pushed substantial investments in industrial, logistics and marketing strategies. We have consciously pursued an industrial strategy that embraces in-house design, research and development and manufacturing with the aim of achieving 85-90 per cent self-sufficiency,” Haddad said.
“We are delighted to be a part of Al Bayader’s remarkable growth in the region. It is good to see a UAE company differentiating itself by developing market leading products,” Al Janahi said. “The new manufacturing line reflects Al Bayader’s matured business outlook and capability to respond to market dynamics ahead of time.”
“I am sure the factory in Jafza will enable them to meet rapidly growing market demand for packaging products in the region. As a business facilitator I assure them of our full support in all their ventures and wish them great success ahead.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait