Samsung unveils new Evolution Kit
Amman, February 16, 2013
Samsung Electronics Company has introduced its Evolution Kit, an innovative concept that enables the Samsung 2012 Smart TV to evolve into its new 2013 Smart TVs, at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
By attaching the Evolution Kit device into the back of a Samsung Smart TV, customers can enjoy the latest features that the 2013 Smart TVs have to offer, a statement from the company said.
With hardware enhancements, such as CPU, memory and GPU up to the level of the latest Smart TV, users can enjoy faster speeds for browsing the Internet and multitask by using apps while watching TV.
In addition, smart interaction features such as voice control and motion control will be enhanced. Once the Evolution Kit is attached to the slot, 2012 Smart Hub is transformed to the 2013 version. Every year, consumers will now be able to enjoy the latest services with Samsung's Smart TVs.
The actual figure of Evolution Kit is finally revealed for the first time at CES 2013. Samsung will demonstrate the change that with its attachment to the TV, the new 2013 Smart Hub shows five different panels where customers can enjoy a wide range of content including Live TV programmes, VODs, apps and internet.
The Evolution Kit is the optimal solution for users as it allows them to always experience the latest service of Samsung Smart TV with their existing 2012 Smart TVs even though hardware or software specifications continue to improve in the future, the statement said.
“Evolution Kit has opened a new era of Smart TV and completed a true Smart TV with its innovative concept, which fits in the rapidly changing IT trends,” said Sunny Lee, executive vice president of visual display sales & marketing team, Samsung Electronics.
“Consumers can enjoy the latest features and services every year without having to purchase a brand new set. Samsung Smart TV users will enjoy timeless TV that transcends time with Evolution Kit.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept