Sony unveils new digital compact camera
Manama, February 14, 2013
Sony, a leading consumer electronics and entertainment brand, has unveiled the all-new DSC-RX1, which packs a 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor, the world’s first for digital compact camera.
It also has wide aperture F2 fixed-focal lens, making the camera perfectly proportioned for travel as well as portraits and day-to-day shooting, a statement from the company said.
With a resolution of 24.3 effective megapixels, the DSC-RX1’s sensor is over twice the size of the APS-C sensor inside much bulkier D-SLR cameras. Capable of resolving the finest image details and subtle textures, the full-frame sensor assures absolute fidelity, rich colours and an impressively broad dynamic range.
The large sensor size also helps boost the camera’s sensitivity range to a generous ISO 100 to 25600. Sensitivity can be adjusted as low as ISO 50 in expanded mode. Similarly, ISO settings as high as 102,400 can be achieved using multi frame noise reduction, the statement said. This allows the Cyber-shot RX1 to capture natural, low noise, handheld images in near-dark conditions without the need of flash.
Carl Zeiss Sonnar T lens features newly designed optics including an advanced aspherical (AA) glass element. This contributes to the camera’s extremely compact palm-sized dimensions without sacrificing optical performance.
Data from the Exmor CMOS sensor is handled by the evolved Bionz engine that also powers full-resolution burst shooting at up to five frames per second. The processor can output image data in 14-bit RAW format, giving advanced users immense freedom over developing, post-processing and managing RAW files to match their personal creative vision.
Smaller and lighter than any full-frame DSLR, the Cyber-shot RX1 offers superb imaging quality, which has previously been the domain of high-end professional DSLR cameras, the statement said.
The camera can capture high-quality, low-noise Full HD movie footage at a choice of 50p/60p or 25p/24p (progressive) frame rates.
Capturing possibilities for stills and video are broadened by the camera’s multi interface shoe that accepts a growing range of accessories. Options include a powerful flash, electronic viewfinder, optical viewfinder, and clip-on LCD monitor. Also available are a high-quality jacket case, lens hood and thumb grip for comfortable handling.
The new Sony Cyber-shot RX1 is currently available at select Ashrafs showrooms in Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices