50,000 to attend Doha jewellery show
Doha, February 11, 2013
Up to 50,000 visitors are expected to attend the 10th Doha Jewellery and Watches Exhibition, set to begin this month, featuring 26 exhibitors with more than 500 jewellery and watch brands.
This reflects a 15pc increase than last year’s participation, when the exhibition attracted more than 30,000 visitors including those from neighbouring countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and UAE.
The exhibition which will cover nearly 15,000 sq m, will run from February 25 to March 3, the Qatar Tourism Authority said in a press conference held at the Doha Exhibition Centre.
Issa Al-Mohannadi, Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) chairman, said: “The high profile of exhibitors continued to attract interested and enthusiastic customers from around the region and the world, which has helped make the show one of the most successful in the Gulf and the industry.”
“QTA is committed to promoting Qatar as a first-rate destination for business, industry conferences, cultural events, education, sports and leisure, providing world-class amenities and tourism services. This achievement reflects QTA’s mission and ability to hold successful large scale international and regional events in Qatar, whilst underlining QTA’s strategy to support a thriving industry with a global reach that embraces all the world’s top jewelry and watch brands in all their finery,” he said.
“Over the past decade the DJWE has proved to be a record-beating event and this year is no exception,” Al-Mohannadi said. “It provides the ideal platform for fruitful and highly productive business for all of its visitors and exhibitors, so they can make the most of this brilliant exposition of some of the world’s finest precious stones and timepieces.”
Among the significant Qatari exhibitors in the event are Al Fardan Jewelry Company Ghadah Jewelry, Al Manara Trading , Ali Bin Ali group, Al Majed Jewelry, Blue Saloon, Al Muftah Jewelry, Amiri Gems WLL, (51) Fifty One East, Al Jaber watches, Pari Gallery, Marzooq Al Shamlan & Sons WLL, Al Majed Pearls, Dar Al Majid Jewelry, Royal Jewelry (Al Malakia) , Bulgari Jewelry, Al Makki Jewelry & Watches, Al Mawali Jewelry, Matis Jewelry , Versailles Jewelry, Wazni Jewelry, Doha Marketing Services Co. ( Domasco ) and Safana Jewelry.
International brands featuring in the show include Mouawad Jewelry, AL Zain Trading Company, Graff/Qatar Marketing Company, and Christie’s Jewelry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store