WD launches ‘fastest’ external HDD
Manama, February 10, 2013
WD, a subsidiary of Western Digital Corporation and a world leader in external storage and connected home solutions, has launched one the fastest and most robust dual-storage systems.
Supported by the Mac OS X operating system, the My Book VelociRaptor Duo is the ultimate storage drive for performance hungry Mac users and creative professionals, said a statement.
The My Book VelociRaptor Duo provides supercharged performance with two 1 TB 10,000 RPM WD VelociRaptor hard drives along with two Thunderbolt ports. The 2 TB dual-drive storage system is ideal for editing high resolution video, 3D rendering, graphic design, and other demanding digital media applications. This VelociRaptor Duo delivers solid state drive (SSD) - like data transfer rates of up to 400 MB/s for greater work-flow productivity, it said.
The dual-drive storage system offers RAID 0 for performance or RAID 1 for protection; and the twin Thunderbolt ports offer daisy-chaining multiple My Book VelociRaptor Duo drives and other high performance peripherals without impacting data transfer speeds or performance. The My Book VelociRaptor Duo also comes complete with a Thunderbolt cable in the box and is user-serviceable.
Photographers, graphic designers and post-production professionals can conduct several high intensity tasks such as video editing, 3D rendering, while completing other graphics-intensive projects.
My Book VelociRaptor Duo users will be able to transfer 22 GB full-length HD movies in less than 65 seconds, 2000 5 MB pictures in less than 33 seconds and over 500 5 MB songs in less than 8 seconds, the statement said.
“The My Book VelociRaptor Duo offers lightning quick data transfer performance and rock solid reliability for demanding consumers,” explained Khalid Wani, sales director, Branded Business – Middle East, Africa and India, WD. “Creative professionals can rely on the drive’s potent performance to tackle even the most demanding projects, and with the ability to daisy chain devices without negatively impacting performance, the My Book VelociRaptor Duo offers supreme flexibility.”
Additional features found on the My Book VelociRaptor Duo dual-drive storage system include out-of-the-box compatibility with Apple Time Machine and HFS + Journaled for Mac computers; capability for multi-stream workflows; and a 3-year limited warranty.
The My Book VelociRaptor Duo dual-drive storage system is currently available for a price of about $1000. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store