Nakheel Mall to house 200 shops
Dubai, February 7, 2013
The soon-to-be constructed Nakheel Mall will house nearly 200 shops, including a 4,200 sq m supermarket and two department stores, a nine-screen cinema and six medical clinics, according to real estate developer Nakheel Properties.
The Dh2.5 billion ($0.68 billion) mall will be completed in 2016 and integrate retail, dining, entertainment and a hotel complex, a statement from the company said.
The mall, which will be constructed in the heart of Dubai’s Palm Jumeirah, is already drawing interest from global and local retailers, and covers more than 424,000 sq m – enough to house over 40 international football fields – including five retail levels and three basement parking levels.
It will include almost 100,000 sq m of retail space, 4,000 parking bays, a 1,000 sq m indoor garden and a 180 m high viewing deck with panoramic views of Palm Jumeirah and the Dubai skyline, the statement said.
There will also be an outdoor roof plaza with extensive food and beverage outlets, with additional restaurants and cafes – including a food court – inside the complex.
The project plan also includes a five star hotel – with direct access to Nakheel Mall – featuring 200 rooms, 200 apartments and a rooftop swimming pool, restaurant and lounge.
Ali Rashid Lootah, chairman of Nakheel, said: “Nakheel Mall will bring a new dimension to shopping, dining and leisure in Dubai. It will enhance the services and facilities available to residents of Palm Jumeirah, and provide an exciting new destination for people in across the UAE, including the millions of tourists who visit our country each year.”
Nakheel Mall is designed for easy access by various modes of transport. It will have its own Palm Jumeirah Monorail station, and be directly linked to the Palm’s Marina Residences towers through a series of underground walkways. There will also be a three-level basement car park. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store