75,000 to visit ADE Shopper 2013
Abu Dhabi, February 4, 2013
Over 75,000 visitors are expected to attend the inaugural Abu Dhabi Electronics Shopper (ADE Shopper 2013), a premier consumer electronics show organised by Dome Exhibitions, set to open next month.
Scheduled to be held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Centre (Adnec) from March 14 to 18, the event comes in response to the growing demand for consumer technology in Abu Dhabi, a statement from the organisers said.
Featuring exclusive show offers, bundled deals, exciting competitions and latest technology products, ADE Shopper 2013 will serve as a one-stop shop for customers to view latest tech-innovations in the market and obtain the best value for money, the statement said.
Antoine Georges, managing director of Dome Exhibitions, said: “Our foray into Abu Dhabi will undoubtedly generate interest among several other leading retailers and suppliers who are yet to tap into the immense potential of the emirate.”
The event will feature a number of leading electronics retailers such as Sharaf DG, Emax Electronics, Plug Ins, Costless Electronics, VV & Sons and National Store.
Key technology manufacturers such as Lenovo, HCL, Canon, Dell, Nokia, SanDisk, Asus, Archise and Fujitsu will also mark their presence as supporting partners.
Hewlett Packard will add weight to the event as strategic partners with special offers and discounts to their new products, the statement said.
“Visitors will be able to purchase a range of desktops, laptops and printers from HP’s re-designed line-up of new powerful and super stylish technology products, including the HP Envy Sleekbooks, HP Spectre XT Touch smart notebook, Ink Advantage printers and Envy X2,” said Salim Ziade, general manager from Hewlett Packard.
“We are also expanding our HP Play music service. Through the first major digital music partnership with Universal Music Group in the region, we will offer a digital music library to create personalised playlists of compositions from key Arabic and Asian artists. HP Play is available on all the latest HP PCs.”
“As one of the fastest growing markets in retail, Abu Dhabi presents the perfect platform for us to reach our customers. On the emirate’s inaugural venture, we are proud to be a strategic partner and showcase our best products and services that will include exclusive offers, bundle deals and competitions,” he added.
Neelesh Bhatnagar, CEO, Emax Electronics, said: “Ades will highlight the importance of Abu Dhabi as a high-end market for electronic goods to industry players and consumers. We will use the opportunity to present Emax as a leading electronics retailer in Abu Dhabi. Keeping in mind the target audience, we will showcase high-end models such as tablets, IT gadgets and smartphones and prioritise the quality of sale.”
For Costless, which is planning to roll out six new stores in Abu Dhabi during this year, the exhibition will allow a chance to meet potential buyers. Jehas Habison, purchasing manager of Costless Electronics, said: “We see immense growth potential in the electronics industry for 2013. Televisions, laptops, tablets and smartphones will lead the pack.”
“The popularity of photo gaming will help maintain the sales figures of 2012, although white goods may experience a slight drop. There is an increasing demand for home office solutions as most children above five have access to the internet for educational and gaming purposes.”
Srinath Nagarajan, business head – MEA for HCL, said: “We are already present in Abu Dhabi through several retail players such as Lulu, EMAX, Sharaf DG, Plug-ins and Abu Dhabi Cooperative Market.”
“We believe that the ADE Shopper 2013 will offer an additional platform to showcase our portfolio and extend exclusive promotions to customers in Abu Dhabi. Furthermore, the audience in Abu Dhabi includes corporate and government agencies. We will, therefore, highlight the enterprise possibilities that HCL ME Tablets have the capability to generate.”
Dony Cyril, exhibitions director, Abu Dhabi Electronics Shopper 2013, said: “The electronics and retail market is set for further growth in 2013. We wanted to provide an opportunity to suppliers who do not enjoy a large presence here to analyse the Abu Dhabi market by participating in this show.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices