Asus unveils new graphics card
Taipei, February 4, 2013
Asus ROG has announced the introduction of the fastest and most powerful graphics card, the all-new limited edition Ares II.
It features dual HD 7970 GHz edition GPUs and 6GB GDDR5, supports the finest and smoothest PC gaming, with extra-efficient heat dissipation handled by a new hybrid thermal design that includes liquid and air cooling, a statement from Asus said.
Ares II fits in a space-saving two-slot height and employs exclusive Asus Digi+ VRM and Super Alloy Power technologies for greater stability and product longevity. The bundled ROG edition GPU Tweak utility gives customers direct access to graphics card over clocking and tuning, tapping Ares II power via a user-friendly interface.
Ares II presents the current apex of the 28nm generation in terms of graphics processing capabilities, as it can easily take on the most detailed gaming without experiencing any slowdown, the statement said. The generous video memory allotment translates into support for resolutions higher than 1080p, such as WQHD or 2560 x 1440 and 2560 x 1600.
Ares II inaugurates a custom cooler that utilises liquid and air cooling to achieve drastically improved heat dissipation. The hybrid design consists of a 120mm fan block that easily fits in PC cases. The fan cools a closed-cycle liquid system with a tube running to the graphics card to provide dedicated heat removal from the dual GPUs.
The card includes an 80mm dust-proof fan to enable added cooling for critical components such as video memory and power delivery elements, as well as resist harmful dust and debris accumulation.
The hybrid cooler saves customers the need to purchase and install additional hardware, which can be costly and risky. ARES II fits in a 2-slot height, making it accessible to most PC cases on the market. The slimmer design also keeps an extra expansion slot free on the motherboard, it said.
Pricing will be announced closer to product launch and may vary by market. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store