LG mobiles win big at iF design awards
Dubai, January 29, 2013
LG Electronics (LG) announced that seven of its mobile products received the highly sought after and globally recognised 2013 International Forum (iF) design awards.
LG’s winning products included the recently launched Optimus G, the Optimus L9 and five other smart mobile products.
“LG invests heavily in smartphone design in order to create products that are uniquely differentiated from those offered by our competitors,” said Dr Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
“As far as we’re concerned, strong design is crucial as it not only complements, but also enhances our high-performance hardware. Perfecting the balance between style and full mobile functionality has long been a part of LG’s design heritage and it will continue to be so.”
LG gave its Optimus G a stunning black uni-body form, which combines simplicity with a sleek finish. The handset also features a luxurious look and feel, with a 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus display and LG’s patented Crystal Reflection finish.
The Optimus L9 is the embodiment of LG’s premium L-Style design DNA; a blend of sleek form and modern square design. Its 9.1mm body and eye-catching metallic streak provide comfortable grip and a touch of elegance.
LG’s other iF design award winners include the Optimus LTE 2, the world’s first smartphone with 2GB RAM, and the LG Lucid 4G, a variation of the Optimus LTE for Verizon Wireless in the US.
Also taking home awards are the Optimus L7, a high-end model from LG’s L-Series lineup, the Optimus Life, a popular LTE smartphone recently launched in Japan, and the LG Smart Dongle for wireless access to LG Smart TVs.
The 2013 iF Design Awards ceremony will be held on February 22, 2013 at BMW World in Munich, Germany. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia