Samsung unveils first curved OLED TV
Jeddah, January 22, 2013
Samsung Electronics recently unveiled the world’s first curved OLED TV at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) introducing the next evolution in televisions opening a new door into innovation across its 2013 line of products.
The OLED panel is curved, which provides depth to the content displayed for a more life-like viewing experience, a statement from the company said. Additionally, viewers will enjoy the immersive panorama effect, which is not possible with conventional flat-panel TVs.
When watching captivating content such as vast landscapes and scenes from nature on the curved OLED TV, viewers will feel like they are surrounded by the scenery, the statement said.
HS Kim, executive vice president of visual display business, Samsung Electronics, said: “Samsung is dedicated to developing innovation television solutions, beyond what consumers could ever expect, or could even imagine. We will continue our tradition of developing Samsung TV innovations by steadily introducing new TV technology that helps enhance the lives of users, even beyond the world’s first curved OLED TV.”
Leveraging its expertise in display technology, Samsung has optimised the picture quality of the curved TV to deliver a comfortable viewing experience, the statement said. Viewing visual contents on Samsung’s Curved OLED TV is a comfortable experience for the human eye, as the curved panel allows the distance between the user and TV screen to be the same from almost any angle. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- HP launches new printing solutions for SMBs
- LG unveils new smart TV line-up in Bahrain
- Huawei unveils new smartphone range
- Dubai keeps rank as 2nd biggest retail market
- Samsung unveils 2013 Smart TVs Lineup
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Givori launches customised iPhone