Panasonic unveils new portable power series
Dubai, January 17, 2013
Panasonic Marketing Middle East and Africa (PMMAF) has introduced its new series of portable power supply packs, allowing users to charge their gadgets on-the-go.
This easy-to-use and compact portable power supply is compatible for users of smartphones (such as iPhone, Blackberry, and Galaxy), tablet PCs (such as iPad), digital cameras (such as Lumix), portable game consoles (such as PSP) and MP3 players (such as iPod).
The highest-capacity model in the series, QE-QL301, can provide enough power to fully charge a smartphone four times on a single charge, twice the capacity of the company's current model, a statement from Panasonic said. In addition, it is rechargeable and can be used repeatedly approximately 500 times.
Powered by portable reserved batteries via USB/AC power point, with built-in USB terminals and an associated micro USB attachment, the power supply is compatible with most electronic devices, the statement said.
Hayashi Noriyuki, manager, system solutions department, said: “The mobile phone industry has gone through a major revamp and grown exponentially over the recent years. It is a popular and demanding market and with this rise there has been a growing concern over the battery life among users.”
“Considering this situation, the market for auxillary power supplies is expanding rapidly and there has been particular interest in rechargeable power supplies. In line with this, Panasonic’s portable power supply offers an ideal solution to extend the battery life whilst enabling consumers to enjoy the benefit of easy portability, compatibility and convenience at all times.”
The new supply packs will be available in three models – each with a varying battery capacity – and are slated for release in UAE by the end of January. It will be available in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and other Middle East countries by February, the statement said.
The QL-201 model is ideal for the heavy users, as it can charge a 1400mAh battery capacity smartphone two times.
“Our new portable power supply packs are economical and cause less environmental impact as they can be used repeatedly,” said Hayashi.
This device can also charge tablets and is equipped with two USB outputs, allowing to charge two USB gadgets at once. QL-101 model serves the needs of frequent users and can charge a 1400mAh battery capacity smartphone one time. This device is especially easy to carry around as it has a retractable USB cable.
The QL-102 model is perfect for the occasional users, allowing to charge a 1400mAh battery capacity smartphone for 60 per cent, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store