Huawei plans DSF debut for new smartphone
Dubai, January 15, 2013
Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, has announced the UAE release of its Huawei Ascend G600 smartphone during this month’s Dubai Shopping Festival.
The Android-based smartphone builds on the company’s established Ascend “Gold” product legacy which aims to be at the forefront of handset innovation; placing superior technology within reach of more people in the local market.
Within the Middle East, the smartphone is being launched exclusively in the UAE with other markets to follow in the first quarter of the year, a statement from the company said. The Ascend G600 will be retailed at approximately Dh1,299 ($353.71) during Dubai Shopping Festival 2013 at popular outlets such as Sharaf DG, Emax, Carrefour, and Lulu.
“We are very excited to introduce the new Huawei Ascend G600 which gives greater functionality and power to people who are expecting more from their technology,” said Jiao Jian, president of Huawei Device Middle East. “Building on the success of the Ascend range of smartphones, the Ascend G600 is the latest in our lineup of flagship products that make exceptional mobile experiences more accessible to more people across the UAE.”
Running on Android 4.0 with an 8-megapixel BSI auto focus rear-facing camera, and double speakers with DTS surround sound, the Ascend G600 provides more of the features that improve peoples’ mobile phone experiences, everyday, the statement said.
Powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor with a 1930mAh Li-Polymer battery, the Huawei Ascend G600 can be fully charged in four hours, powered on in five seconds, and with Huawei’s power saving features provides more than 15 days of standby time, it said.
The mega 4.5-inch LCD IPS HD screen with 960 x 540 pixel resolution brings visual clarity. The Ascend G600 offers robust connectivity and file sharing with Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth and DLNA capabilities. Its 4GB ROM storage can be supplemented with MicroUSB 2.0 and Micro-SD up to 32GB.
Although a relative newcomer to the smartphone and tablet market, Huawei is already the world's sixth-biggest maker of mobile phones and has stuck to ambitious plans for establishing itself as one of the top three global smartphone vendors by 2015.
Huawei’s main “Ascend” smartphone line actually spans four different product series - including Youth, Gold, Platinum and Diamond series - which each offer a unique technology package at competitive price points.
The Ascend G600 release follows Huawei’s introduction of its first pair of quad-core devices -the Ascend D1 quad XL smartphone and the MediaPad 10 FHD tablet - which were unveiled in UAE in the fall of 2012 featuring Huawei’s own super-fast processor, extended battery life, and high-quality audio visual capabilities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet