Dabur develops new products for ME launch
Dubai, January 14, 2013
Leading healthcare brand, Dabur International, has developed a new line of skin care, shampoo, deodorant and hair colour that will be launched this year as part of an intensified growth strategy in the Middle East region.
Driven by the company’s aggressive expansion plans and broadening consumer base, Dabur International further revealed that it is projecting a 20 per cent growth in revenues in the Middle East market this year.
The best-performing product categories in the Middle East market in the past year included hair styling, skin care, depilatories and oral care, a statement from Dabur said. This has led to a growth of up to 20 per cent in sales of Dabur’s top-of-the-line products across different key markets in the Middle East in 2012.
“The Middle East market has opened a huge window of opportunity for Dabur International to further expand our product portfolio and widen our global consumer base,” said Mohit Malhotra, CEO, Dabur International. “The strong demand for our top-of-the-line products in the region has certainly added a tremendous boost to our global expansion plans as we expect to achieve significant business growth in the region this year as well.”
“Our growth strategy will remain firmly focused on broadening our consumer base through geographic expansions, targeting new niche markets and strategic acquisitions. Moreover, focus continues to remain on personal care, including hair care, skin care and oral care, which generated exceptionally strong results in the previous year.”
“Following the successful launch of Vatika Serum, Dabur Herbal Toothpaste, Vatika Henna Hair Colours and Dermoviva Skin Care in the Middle East, we have now lined up a new range of products, including skin care, shampoo, deodorants and hair color as we build on the brand’s outstanding performance in 2012,” Malhotra added.
The company has of late diversified into key consumer categories like skin care, oral care, home care and foods through brands like Dabur, Vatika, DermoViva, Fem, Hajmola, Sanifresh and Odonil, which are household names in many parts of the world, the statement said.
Manufacturing and marketing a diversified product portfolio globally, Dabur has also tailor-made many of its products to fit the diverse needs and preferences of consumers in different regions. New innovations like Hammam Zaith and Snake Oil, have been especially created for women of the Middle East by Dabur's R&D team comprising over 100 scientists.
Dabur recently made two strategic acquisitions to gain entry into virgin categories and access advanced technologies in the highly developed consumer markets of Turkey and US. Hobi Kozmetik, a leading personal care company in Turkey was the first overseas acquisition, while Namasté Laboratories, a leader in African American Hair Care based out of Chicago, USA, was the second acquisition, it said.
Dabur International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dabur India that has an overall turnover of over $1 billion and a market capitalisation of $4 billion. Dabur’s International Business Division headquartered in Dubai is the cornerstone of its growth strategy, reaching a milestone of Dh1 billion within eight years of its existence. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices