Acer launches all-new Iconia tablet
Dubai, January 9, 2013
Acer, a leading hardware and electronics corporation, has launched its all-new Iconia B1-A71 tablet targeted at young or new users and families looking for an additional tablet for their children.
The Iconia B1 is also ideal for busy individuals seeking a convenient mobile companion, a statement from the company said. At 7 inches – the same size as a standard book page - the display is comfortable for e-reading, web browsing, playing games and watching videos.
The tablet is easy to hold and use in one hand, a triangular corner grip on the lower left side improves single-hand usage. It weighs 320 grams, making it one of the lightest 7-inch tablets in the market, the statement said.
It combines a 1.2GHz dual-core processor for fast and smooth gaming, web browsing and video watching with Android’s Jelly Bean operating system. For many search queries performed through VoiceSearch, users can now hear a spoken answer.
Over 500 free online magazines from hundreds of publishers and top web sites are available thanks to Google Currents, it said. The recently-updated smart mobile app allows the user to discover, read, and share favorite new outlets, blogs and online magazines on the 7-inch WSVGA (1,024 x 600) capacitive display – even when offline.
The Iconia B1 comes with a front-facing camera on the top right corner and works also when in landscape mode.
Available as 8GB version with the option to expand via microSD slot, the Iconia B1 is the ideal easy companion for tablet newbies or children while adults use their own, the statement said.
The new Iconia B1 expands the Acer tablet family now offering three 10-inch Android, two 7-inch Android, one 11” Windows 8 and one 10-inch Windows 8 Hybrid Tablets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store