Seef Mall brings National Geographic magic
Manama, January 5, 2013
Seef Mall, a major shopping destination in Bahrain, has joined hands with the National Geographic Channel, to launch the Kingdom’s very first spectacular world of augmented reality.
This interactive showcase will enable visitors to experience and get up close and personal with the amazing content of the channel from around the globe, said a senior official.
Announcing the launch, Robert Addison, the general manager of Seef Properties said, "We are delighted to partner with National Geographic to bring to life some of its exclusive content in Bahrain, combining technology and natural world to offer an extraordinary experience to visitors of the mall."
"The launch of National Geographic augmented reality marks advent of unique experiences for the entire family at Seef Mall with many more exciting ‘out-of-the-box’ activities lined up during the course of the year," he noted.
"A pleasant surprise awaits the Mall visitors as they will be able to see animals, both alive and extinct, come to life before their very eyes, as well as the first moonwalk and terrifying weather systems," remarked Addison.
"Be it feeding the Dinosaurs, swimming with dolphins, moon walking with an astronaut or facing a storm, visitors will be transported into another world of reality allowing them to immerse themselves in different scenes of National Geographic and witness them through innovative technology," he noted.
According to him, this is one of the many innovative initiatives that Seef Mall will undertake to offer the best shopping experience to its discerning customers.
"The partnership with National Geographic Channel is amongst other such partnerships aimed at providing entertainment that is also educational and informative," he explained.
The National Geographic Augmented reality will be in the West Wing of Seef Mall from mid-January to mid-April, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait