Visa unveils promotion for DSF
Dubai, December 30, 2012
Visa, the leading global payments technology company, has unveiled its Big Box promotion for the upcoming Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), offering consumers opportunities to win an exciting range of prizes.
DSF 2013 will take place across various shopping malls and participating outlets across Dubai from January 3 to February 3.
During its 18th year of partnership with DSF as a key sponsor, Visa is encouraging card holders to guess a secret grand prize that will be concealed within a giant box at The Dubai Mall.
Visa will be placing its Big Box promotional campaign at strategic points across Dubai, and the focal point of the campaign will be a giant Big Box displayed at The Dubai Mall. Every transaction with any Visa card will entitle consumers to enter into the main prize draw for the grand prize within the Big Box, which will remain a secret till the end of DSF 2013.
To keep the campaign engaging, Visa will also host a number of exciting activities around the Big Box at The Dubai Mall every day during DSF, offering chances to win many instant prizes daily.
The company has seen record breaking transaction numbers in the recent years during DSF and is anticipating that their new promotional campaign will make 2013 another record year. The Big Box is hoped to enhance both cross-border spending from international visitors as well as enhancing its domestic spend on its cards using the Visa-DSF partnership.
The promotion will include a Twitter competition where card holders will be required to guess the contents within the Big Box and tweet it along with the specific campaign number assigned to the day.
They will also be able to photograph and upload images of all the Visa Boxes around Dubai through Instagram and send it across along with the campaign number for the day to win a daily prize.
Karim Beg, head of Marketing for Mena at Visa, said: “We are enormously excited to be launching our Big Box campaign for DSF 2013 that we are confident will be bigger and better than ever.”
“Visa is always looking to create rewarding lifestyle experiences for card holders and with so many shoppers descending on Dubai from around the world and within the UAE to enjoy all that DSF has to offer. This is the perfect opportunity to reward people for using their Visa cards. Our entertaining Big Box promotion is set to offer exciting rewards for our consumers with added intrigue of keeping people guessing about the nature of our grand prize throughout the month.”
“We have also decided to use social media tools more actively than ever before to reach the widest number of people and allow them to engage actively on a daily basis to win the prizes on offer every day at the Big Box within The Dubai Mall,” he added.
Competitions about the Big Box promotion will also be run on various radio channels and supported through an aggressive advertising, media and direct marketing campaigns to generate widespread excitement and anticipation. Visa will also set up special kiosks at Dubai Airport to welcome visitors flying in for DSF. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices