Sharaf DG, Air Miles in strategic deal
Manama, December 30, 2012
Top consumer electronics chain Sharaf DG and Air Miles, a major loyalty programme, have partnered to enable customers to collect and spend Air Miles at Sharaf DG’s stores across the UAE and Bahrain from January 1.
“Launching a partnership with Sharaf DG is strategic for our programme as it means our members now have the widest choice, best value and trusted service on their entire electronic and accessories spend,” said Mark Mortimer-Davies, Air Miles Middle East’s CEO.
“With over 25,000 products from reputed international brands available at convenient locations in the UAE and Bahrain, the partnership provides a great opportunity for our members to earn and redeem Air Miles with Sharaf DG.”
“The electronics sector plays a vital role in a coalition loyalty programme in our region and collaborating with Sharaf DG - the region’s largest multi-brand electronic retailer - is testimony to our continuing efforts to enhance our member experience,” he added.
Yasser Sharaf, Sharaf DG’s managing director, said: “Air Miles is a great brand to associate with as it’s the best free-to-join multi-brand, multi-category loyalty programme, which rewards customers every time they shop.”
“The number of partners and the range of categories is what excited us to partner with Air Miles. Both Air Miles and Sharaf DG are strong consumer brands and their coming together will be a big boost to our customers.
“In just seven years Sharaf DG has becoming a big brand thanks to the millions of customers who shop at our stores. This partnership with Air Miles will now enable us to offer a loyalty programme where customers can earn and redeem miles every time they shop with us. Air Miles will not only bring additional footfalls but will also help us understand our customers better through their vast experience in analysing consumer buying behaviours,” he added.
Sharaf continued: “Consumer electronics is one of the fascinating categories in the Gulf region and we feel global brands and their products are making a huge difference to the way we live, work and enjoy.
“We’re upbeat about the industry and our expansion plans across the GCC affirms this belief, where the Air Miles relationship will definitely be a key differentiator from our competition.”
Sharaf DG has plans to open more stores in the UAE and has recently opened its second store in Bahrain, with further stores planned in Qatar, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait