HTC launches new Windows smartphone
Dubai, December 24, 2012
Leading mobile innovation and design company, HTC, in partnership with Microsoft, have launched the new signature Windows Phone 8S – the lightest Windows smartphone – across the UAE market.
The smartphone features the new Windows Phone 8 operating system and boasts an iconic design, clean minimal form, studio-quality sound with Beats Audio and incredible camera capabilities, a statement from the company said.
HTC created the Windows Phone 8S to blend the virtual and the physical utilising a three dimensional, pure uni-body design based on the Windows Phone Live Tiles.
Weighing a mere 113 grams with battery, the Windows Phone 8S by HTC’s unique design comprises a playful exterior and ultra-smooth surface replete with bold, sophisticated color-dipped accents, the statement said. The color combinations available include uniform blue, black and white, and grey and green.
It comes with a 5 megapixel camera, as well as a f/2.8 aperture and 35mm Wide Angle lens that allows up to four people and more to be captured at once.
It also supports 720p HD video recording with stereo sound. The Beats Audio integration provides authentic, studio-quality sound that delivers the spirit of the original recording, it said.
The Windows Phone 8S by HTC also includes a bright super LCD 4” screen with Gorilla Glass, allowing users to see the Windows Phone Live Tiles, and every message and photo, with crystal clarity and sparkling color.
The smartphone’s array of features also ensures a superfast connectivity and access to the latest videos, music and games when on the move, it said.
“The new signature Windows Phone 8S by HTC is sure to leave our UAE customers with an unforgettable and remarkable HTC experience,” said Neeraj Seth, senior brand communications manager – Middle East and Africa. “The smartphone is truly an industry leader; it keeps you connected, acting as an extension of your personality. It is a powerfully personal smartphone that epitomises lifestyle integrated innovation.”
The Windows Phone 8S by HTC will be available in UAE retail outlets starting this week, priced at Dh 1,399 ($380.94). – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain