Samsung teams up with James Franco
Amman, December 23, 2012
Samsung Electronics said it will be reteaming with Oscar-nominated actor, director, photographer, musician and poet James Franco on a party season campaign for its new Galaxy Camera.
Sharing his own photography expertise, Franco will not only direct and star in a new video for the camera, but will use the device to give his fans a real-time insight into one of the busiest careers in Hollywood through his social networks and show fans how they can also achieve great pictures during the holiday season.
This video will be the third time Franco and Samsung have collaborated this year, previous productions include, “Fact Checkers Unit” and “The Ultimate Multi-tasker,” a video for the Galaxy Note 10.1.
With acclaim as an actor, screenwriter, director and trend setter, James Franco also channels his energy into a host of other creative projects, including photography, creating a hectic schedule which demands a way of capturing and sharing his world in an instant.
The Galaxy is the first device to combine the connectivity of a smartphone through 3G/4G + Wi-Fi, the full capabilities of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), including access to over 600,000 apps in Google Play, with the imaging quality of a high-end camera.
Franco will be putting the Galaxy camera to the test at the height of the holiday season, shooting, editing and sharing high quality photographs as he posts them on his personal Twitter and Facebook pages tll January 5.
Speaking on the project, Franco said, "I need a camera that can really support me creatively as well as work on the go. That's what I like about the Galaxy Camera--it has great creative tools like Photo Wizard and has the capability to share my work instantly."
Heesun Kim, the director of Global Mobile Marketing at Samsung said, "Franco has carved a near-unique niche for himself as a star of seemingly limitless versatility, by always turning his hand to new creative projects and juggling multiple careers. His ability to find inspiration in any field makes him the perfect fit for the Galaxy."
“We are excited to see him shoot, edit, and share his busy life seamlessly and instantly but now in high quality images with the camera. His social scene over the holidays is sure to take followers on a fun and inspirational adventure," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain