Dell introduces two new PCs
Dubai, December 20, 2012
Dell has unveiled the XPS 12 convertible and Inspiron 15z, with a redesigned portfolio of business and consumer PCs designed to take advantage of advances in new operating systems.
Built to best optimise Windows 8, Dell has crafted inspired designs that enable new user experiences and make touch computing available to more customers than ever before, a statement from the company said.
The new offerings free customers from carrying multiple devices, helping them save time and become more productive. The designs offer unparalleled security and manageability, empowering users to keep pace in an always-connected world.
“The combination of new Dell hardware and Microsoft software will allow customers to create and consume content in new and exciting ways,” said Sam Burd, vice president and general manager of personal computer product group.
“We’re unveiling a comprehensive refresh of all our consumer and commercial products to take advantage of Windows 8. These stylish new products include clean and intuitive touch experiences, the security and manageability required by IT departments, and features to allow anytime, anywhere access to data and applications.”
The XPS 12 is two devices in one - a fully-featured, full-powered laptop that easily becomes a fully-featured touch-powered tablet. The unique flip hinge touchscreen display is elegant and innovative and easily transitions between laptop and tablet mode with a simple flip, the statement said.
When in tablet mode, the display completely covers the keyboard. The Full HD display provides 90 per cent more pixels than a standard HD display for an exceptionally crisp reading and viewing experience.
The Inspiron 15z Ultrabook has an optional touchscreen interface and packs loads of features into a svelte silhouette, perfect for those who want “more” – more display, more entertainment options, and more processing power, it said.
Measuring less than 1-inch in thickness, the Inspiron 15z offers plenty of performance, great battery life and responsiveness, along with an aluminium finish.
The XPS 12 convertible is available for a starting price of Dh4,999 ($1,360.9) and the Inspiron 15z starting at Dh2,999. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal