Bosch opens new Abu Dhabi showroom
Abu Dhabi, December 18, 2012
Bosch, a leading home appliances brand in Europe, has opened its first ever dedicated showroom in Abu Dhabi.
The German brand has also announced its commitment to the local community and unveiled its ‘Care Initiative’ in association with Make-A-Wish Foundation UAE (Mawf), which is led by president, honorary chairman and lifetime patron Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saif Bin Mohammad Al Nahyan and is dedicated to assisting children with life-threatening medical conditions and their families through the fulfillment of special wishes.
Bosch’s ‘Care Initiative’ is based on its commitment to add quality to the life of consumers and the local communities it works in, a statement from the company said. The collection of products under the initiative focuses on more hygiene, security and freshness for families with children, a statement from the company said.
Mark Saunders, regional chief executive officer, Bosch and Siemens Home Appliances, said: “This is a very significant phase for the brand Bosch in the UAE and the region. We are proud of our one of a kind showroom in Abu Dhabi showcasing the advanced range of Bosch home appliances and equally charged about providing utmost consumer satisfaction to all.”
“Moreover, our ‘Care Initiative’ is a very special campaign and it is close to our heart as it focuses on the wellbeing of children and families in the country.”
Bosch aims to support the cause by making a financial contribution of Dh50 ($13.6) from every sale of its ‘Care’ collection in the UAE. In addition, with every major home appliance sold from the defined ‘Care’ range, Bosch will also donate a teddy bear to the children’s foundation. The campaign and partnership with Mawf will last till the end of Dubai Shopping Festival 2013 (February 3rd, 2013).
Make-A-Wish Foundation UAE is a non-profit organisation founded in the United States and grants wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.
The foundation has 38 active offices worldwide and all wishes granted by Make-A-Wish Foundation UAE are for the national and expatriate children alike.
Hani Al-Zubaidi, CEO, Make-A-Wish Foundation UAE, said: “It is wonderful for Mawf to be part of such a noble cause initiated by a leading home appliances brand like Bosch.”
“The support we receive from our community is invaluable in helping us to grant wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions in the UAE, and we are very happy to have been selected as the charity benefactor for this initiative.”
Georg Kazantzidis, director of marketing and business development, Bosch and Siemens Home Appliances, said: “This way, we re-affirm our motto of contributing to the greater good. And we are more than happy to collaborate with a distinguished partner such as Make-A-Wish Foundation UAE.”
Bosch’s ‘Care’ collection of products within different categories resonates with features aiming to bring more hygiene, health, security and freshness. For instance, among its washing machines it has the ‘i-DOS’ range that nullifies the risk of harmful residues, ‘Allergy Plus’ ensuring consumers an allergy-free experience while donning their clothes, the statement said.
The ‘Automatic Anti-Stain’ programmes, besides being energy-efficient, ensure that consumers’ favorite clothes remain brand-new forever. With respect to cooking, consumers enjoy advanced safety measures that reduce the risk of accidents and ensure no burning of fingers while using the Bosch Home Appliances ‘Care’ range of products.
On the other hand, dishwashers ensure highest levels in hygiene and energy efficiency while the Bosch refrigerators have features like ‘HydroFresh’ that ensures consumers relish fresh fruits and vegetables day after day, it said.
The new showroom is characterised by its modern setting and is the first in the UAE to be designed as per the Bosch Home Appliances brand international standards. The showroom also has a dedicated facility enabling its guests to test the products of their interest in a live testing area. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait