Honeywell strengthens Kuwait JV management
Kuwait City, December 16, 2012
Leading Fortune 100 company, Honeywell, has announced that James King has been promoted to general manager of Kuwait and of the Kuwaiti Joint Venture, effective January 1st, 2013.
Former Kuwaiti general manager Mohammed Mahmoud will assume a new role with broader functional scope as business development director Middle East, Honeywell High Growth Regions, and continue to support the Kuwaiti company.
This change comes as Honeywell moves to strengthen its organisation in the Middle East, a statement from the company said. Further alignment of the Joint Venture with Honeywell internal processes, and increased investment in training and talent, will permit the company to offer better service to customers and further expand its role in Kuwait.
Honeywell’s employees will provide comprehensive support for mega-projects locally, taking advantage of the company’s extensive international experience, the statement said.
“James King’s success in building up business in emerging regions, including countries such as Iraq, makes him the ideal candidate to strengthen the Kuwaiti Joint Venture,” said Norm Gilsdorf, president high growth regions, Russia, Middle East and Central Asia.
“Honeywell’s increased focus on this region means we need to streamline the company’s processes and structure to become more efficient and effective to serve our customers’ needs going forward. We have a more than 30-year history in Kuwait in collaboration with the Al Sagar family and will continue our success story here.”
“This increased investment in the Joint Venture will benefit all partners”, said Isam Al Sagar, board member of the Joint Venture Company."We welcome James King to his new role.”
James King has been with Honeywell since 2006 during which time he has held different positions with Honeywell Process Solutions including international project sales director, general manager for Qatar and Bahrain and, most recently, business operations director for new emerging countries. He has been resident in the Middle East for the past 16 years.
Mohammed Mahmoud has been working for Honeywell since 1992, working his way up from technical sales engineer to sales manager for Honeywell Process Solutions Kuwait and then to general manager of Honeywell Kuwait, the statement said.
In his new role he will continue to advise the Kuwaiti company, while supporting other business development initiatives in the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet