Sharjah Holding opens new retail centre
Sharjah, December 13, 2012
Sharjah Holding, a partnership between the Government of Sharjah and Majid Al Futtaim Properties, has inaugurated a new retail centre based on its Matajer neighbourhood shopping centre concept.
Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammad Bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah and Chairman of the Executive Council inaugurated the new Al Jurina centre, one of three completed in September.
The centres follow from the delivery of the first Matajer in Al Quoz, Sharjah in 2011. The new centres have attracted well-known brands, such as the Carrefour Market, and provide the neighbouring community with a convenient, family-friendly shopping experience in a modern and welcoming environment.
“Our Matajer community centres are the result of many years of careful planning and design,” said Salah Butti Bin Butti, chairman of Sharjah Holding.
“The trust and support we have built with leading retailers during the centres’ development is testament to our ability to deliver on our vision of implementing retail centres that benefit the people of Sharjah. We are determined to continue working hard to expand our offering and construct real estate centres that place people and especially families at the heart of all we do.”
Since the three new Matajer centres opened, the total Gross Leasable Area (GLA) has reached 167,716 sq ft with an expected annual footfall of over ten million customers across the four centres.
Walid Al Hashimi, CEO of Sharjah Holding, said: “The mission of our company is to contribute to the wider development of the emirate of Sharjah by delivering projects that respond to the needs of the families and local community.”
“Sharjah Holding’s Matajer concept is a shining example of bringing this mission to life. At every stage of their development, we have ensured that the families of Sharjah and their requests were placed at the heart of the design and architecture of our centres and we are confident that the people of Sharjah will benefit enormously from our commitment to community-focused retail.
“This inauguration is a significant milestone for Sharjah Holding and a proud achievement for our brand. We will continue to work closely with our shareholders, the Government of Sharjah and Majid Al Futtaim Properties to identify further locations for our innovative centres with the potential to add value to the retail landscape in Sharjah for further roll-out of the Matajer concept,” he added.
All of Sharjah Holding’s Matajer centres are fully leased demonstrating the appeal of the unique offering this concept provides. Leading supermarket retailer, Carrefour Market, appears as an anchor in all Matajers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait