IIB-Al Shiddi mall project on track
Manama, December 13, 2012
A partnership between the International Investment Bank (IIB) and Al Shiddi Group to create the Sarajevo City Centre Project has reached 60 per cent completion, a report said.
The 130-million-euro ($169.3 million) development is a unique hybrid complex comprising several main interconnecting features, according to the report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Over the course of the construction, the mall was fully leased and the last agreements are being finalised.
The project also contains two towers, each consisting of 18 storeys, the first of which is a commercial complex that covers 6,500 sq m.
"We take great pride in seeing this project move forward at a pace exceeding our expectations," said IIB chairman Saeed Abdul Jalil Al Fahim during a visit to the development in Bosnia.
"The project has already proven to be a success with the mall fully leased prior to completion.
"We believe that the complex will contribute positively to all parties involved, especially our shareholders, partners and the business and social communities of Sarajevo," he added.
The complex will be one of the largest in Bosnia. The mall is expected to open on September 2013, with the towers opening shortly thereafter. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet