Harman launches special dock for Apple devices
Dubai, December 12, 2012
Harman House, a leading retail chain in infotainment, has revealed the Middle East launch of the world’s first ever speaker dock that has been specifically designed for Apple devices bearing the new Lightning dock connector port.
The JBL OnBeat Micro is compatible with Apple’s latest range of devices like the iPhone 5, the fifth gen iPod Touch and the latest edition of the iPod Nano, a company statement said.
The dock comes with the new Apple Lightning connector—a small, reversible, all-in-one digital connector, which is 80 per cent smaller than the 30-pin connector utilized in previous Apple devices.
The new connector offers users greater flexibility in accessing audio content. JBL OnBeat Micro is powered by four AAA batteries and can fit into any backpack, purse or briefcase.
The speaker is ideal for users who are on the go, students or anyone else who wants outstanding performance from a go-anywhere Lightning port speaker.
The JBL OnBeat Micro can provide up to five hours of playback when used with batteries and charges the iPhone5, the iPod Touch 5th generation and the new iPod Nano when used with the included AC adapter. The unit also comes with a built-in USB connector to power and play other portable devices. JBL's OnBeat Micro also includes a free, downloadable JBL music app to create customized playlists, adjust volume and browse album artwork.
“JBL has enjoyed a strong partnership with Apple over the years, being the first company to build a docking station for the first editions of the Apple iPod. We continue to strengthen this relationship and consolidate our leadership with the creation of the first ever set of speaker docks that is compatible with Apple’s new Lightning dock connector,” said Amit Malani, president, Harman Middle East.
“The JBL OnBeat Micro is a high-powered speaker system that looks to match the flexibility that users look for in a portable speaker, while at the same time stands out with its high-quality audio performance.
“The JBL OnBeat Micro is an ultra-portable, acoustically sophisticated speaker that fits easily into a backpack, purse or briefcase and goes wherever you go--a feature increasingly important in our mobile society. With this model, music fans will definitely hear the truth,” he added.
“With the holiday season just around the corner, we are also launching three other JBL speakers that offer the latest in technology and promising users a whole new audio experience—a commitment that we have always lived up to for our customers in the Middle East,” concluded Malani. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices