Ace Hardware opens Mena base in Dubai
Dubai, December 10, 2012
Ace Hardware International, a global home improvement franchise company, has opened its Mena headquarters at Dubai Airport Free Zone (Dafza).
The new facility was opened yesterday (December 9) by Dr Mohammed Al Zarooni, director general of Dafza, vice chairman and CEO of Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority and the president of Dubai Free Zones Council and the assistant director general of Dafza p Nasser Al Madani.
During the event, 60 senior officials including representatives from Ace Hardware International, Ace retailers and leading regional affiliates were present to commemorate the landmark development of Ace Hardware International in the region.
Dr Al Zarooni said: "We are proud and delighted to have Ace Hardware International on board adding weight and value to our list of multinational companies at Dafza, which now exceeds 1600.
“Ace Hardware International is a widely respected business and we are excited to welcome the brand to Dafza - one of the most advanced business zones, and home to the leading brands of the world."
Ace Hardware is also planning a three-day roadshow in Dubai from December 10-12 to bring key business partners in the region and the vendor community up-to-date with the latest developments and product launches within the company.
George Mokbel, general manager, Mena, Ace Hardware International said, “In line with the vision of our leadership, we continue to drive the growth of the Ace brand in the region. Our strength is in the variety and uniqueness of our product mix, market knowledge and our solid vendor relationships.”
“Because of these strengths, we continue to invest in growing the Ace brand network in the region. We are present in six markets today and over the next five years, the retailer expansion plan for the region includes projected operations in Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Lebanon, Morocco, Afghanistan and Cyprus,’ he added.
Bob Moschorak, president, Ace Hardware International said: “Our organic growth strategy and long-term commitment to the region is delivering excellent results, growing our markets and getting closer to our partner retailers, vendors and their consumers – establishing our regional headquarters in Dubai is a testimony to that development and growth.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices