HP unveils new touch notebook
Dubai, December 6, 2012
US-based information technology company, HP, has unveiled its next-generation convertible tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve - a touch-enabled notebook that pivots to let users share their work and folds to go mobile as a tablet.
With the ability to transform with the flick of the wrist to deliver a convertible computing solution to match any need, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for business and government customers who require both an ultrathin notebook and a touch-enabled tablet, a statement from the company said.
Driven by the latest, third-generation Intel Core processors and optimised for Windows 8, the HP EliteBook Revolve offers the incredible performance and visuals of a full-power notebook alongside the flexibility to quickly switch to a tablet with a touch-enabled high-definition (HD) display, the statement said.
HP also released a new HP multi-tablet charging module which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
“Employees want computing devices that work the way they do - flexibly and able to adapt to any situation,” said Salim Ziade, general manager of HP printing and personal systems group, HP Middle East. “HP is committed to ensuring its elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design they’ll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT.”
In addition, HP has also introduced its first enterprise-class tablet, the HP ElitePad, which was designed from the ground up to better meet the varied needs of enterprise customers, the statement said.
The HP EliteBook Revolve is expected to be available across EMEA in March 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to that date.
The HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module is expected to be available across EMEA in March 2013 for a manufacturer’s suggested list price of $651.9. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices