Emax to open 13 new stores
Dubai, December 5, 2012
Emax, a major electronics retailer in the Middle East, has announced plans to have a total of 50 stores in the region by the end of next year.
Emax currently has 37 stores across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.
The company, which marks its sixth anniversary in the Middle East on December 6, recorded a sales growth of nearly 40 per cent this year and hopes to post a further 40 per cent growth next year.
The first Emax store was established in 2006 and the brand has since grown to become one of the leading regional electronic retailers in the Middle East, with 37 stores and over 1,000 employees, a statement said.
The impressive success of Emax, a Landmark Group company, has been driven by strategic regional investments, a dynamic portfolio of products and strong customer service ethics, it said.
Neelesh Bhatnagar, CEO of Emax, said: “I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the customers of Emax for their contribution to our success over these six years. A big round of appreciation is also due to our dedicated Emax team, which works relentlessly each day to make this a truly outstanding regional brand.
“The consumer electronics market in the Middle East is buoyant and Emax is well placed to capitalise on this industry trend. We aim to continue to expand our presence in the region, with plans to operate 50 stores by the end of 2013.”
In recent years, Emax has also benefited from a positive regulatory environment with many countries in the region discouraging parallel imports and cracking down on fake products. In addition, countries such as the UAE are further boosting a vibrant environment for consumer electronics by hosting a range of marketing activities such as DSF, DSS and Gitex, he said.
Increased tourism in markets, such as the UAE, is yet another factor that has contributed positively to the brand’s performance.
In addition to its competitive pricing, Emax is also known for its numerous reward and loyalty schemes including Shukran, Skywards and Etisalat’s More reward program. Customers can also benefit from competitive installment schemes at Emax via tie-ups with various local and international banks, he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait