Sony unveils Xperia E with HD Voice
Dubai, December 5, 2012
Sony Mobile Communications has unveiled a new affordable addition to its Xperia smartphone range, Xperia E, which offers HD Voice quality that makes phone calls clearer than ever before.
Sony’s latest Android smartphone will be available in single SIM version for South Africa and Morocco, and dual SIM version for the Middle East region from the first quarter of 2013.
Available in black, white and pink, Xperia E also features noise cancellation that filters out background noise.
The data usage application on the Xperia E monitors how much is being spent, while the extended standby mode increases the standby time up to four times. When the screen has been in sleep mode for a few minutes, Wi-Fi and data traffic will be disabled and most applications will be inactive to save battery life.
However, calling and messaging will continue to work as normal. Once the screen is touched to wake the device from standby mode, all functions are back to normal.
“Quality and functional, Xperia E and Xperia E dual are great options for first-time users of smartphones,” said Spyridon Gousetis, director of Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications, Middle East and Africa.
“With these recent models, such consumers can now take their first steps into the world of Xperia smartphones. What makes this proposition even more attractive is the affordable price point of Xperia E, which also pack features largely associated with more high-end Android smartphones.”
Xperia E comes equipped with superior sound quality with the in-built Walkman application that includes xLoud audio technology, 3D surround sound and a manual equalizer. Consumers can also easily view and share their content on TV, tablet and PC with DLNA wireless connectivity.
Xperia E will launch on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), a company statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet