iPhone 5 set for Dec 14 launch
Manama, December 5, 2012
Apple's new iPhone 5, the first phone that connects to the Internet through the 42 Mbps Long Term Evolution (LTE) high-speed network, will be launched across GCC on December 14, officials said.
Bahrain telecom operator Viva yesterday (December 4) announced the launch of a pre-booking campaign on its website and social media forums where it said the device, that uses a Nano SIM card, would be available with an official iPhone warranty, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
It said the iPhone 5, in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB (black and white) will be available at all Viva Bahrain retail shops since the company is the official Apple partner for the launch.
The company also has an official iPhone service centre for users.
The official GCC launch comes more than two months after the initial launch in the US and other markets.
The iPhone 5 was first launched in seven markets on September 21. It was then released in 47 other markets on November 2.
Last week, Apple said the new phone will be available for sale in China on December 14. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store