Bahrain BMMI implements quality system
Manama, December 4, 2012
Bahrain-based BMMI, the diversified retail and distribution contract services and supply group with global operations spanning three continents, said it has become the first company in the kingdom to implement an Integrated Management System (IMS).
The IMS incorporates all the common elements of its management system for Quality (ISO 9001), Occupational Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001), Environment (ISO 14001) and Food Safety (ISO 22000).
“With IMS, the BMMI Group has made a public commitment to customer satisfaction and employee welfare together with a pledge to the environment and the safety of the food products we manufacture and distribute,” said Laura Mejia, the quality systems manager at BMMI.
“IMS also indicates BMMI’s guarantee that it will continue to improve its performance in all areas with deeper integration of divisions and greater efficiencies across all business operations,” he stated.
Each of the four management systems under IMS is of vital importance to BMMI. ISO 9001 provides the Group with systematic control of its activities and processes to ensure that customer expectations and requirements are consistently met, while OHSAS 18001 enables BMMI to demonstrate its commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for employees and the surrounding community.
Similarly, ISO 14001 will help the company reduce the environmental impact of its products and services and ISO 22000 will enable the consistent provision of products that are safe for consumption.
“While the Group has long been certified for its Quality and Health & Safety management systems, after many long months of hard work and preparation we recently sought and successfully achieved certifications for the Food Safety and Environment management systems,” observed Laura.
“By incorporating all the common elements of the four standards under IMS, BMMI has been able to increase overall efficiency by reducing rework, duplication of efforts, documents, functions, and audits, thereby increasing our potential for excellence in customer satisfaction,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder